Cerise Park LLC is seeking annexation of Thompson Park into the Town of Carbondale. Our site plan for the project establishes a road and infrastructure framework that preserves the historic precinct around the Historic House, enhances connectivity of roads and bike/pedestrian paths in town and allows for build out of the rest of the "county island". The plan also allows a certain amount of flexibility for the type of housing that can be built, although diversity of unit types and a gradation of density from low to high closer to Highway 133 remains a primary goal of the development team. The issue of sustainability is addressed in this project by its smart location and non-automobile dependent linkages; by a traditional, walkable neighborhood pattern; and by a commitment to green construction and solar-ready buildings.
- total property size = 10.2 acres
- preservation of Historic Thompson House
- 17% of land dedicated to open space
- 6% of land additionally dedicated to bicycle and pedestrian paths
- 20% of land additionally dedicated to roads
- future connections to Weant Blvd., North Bridge Dr. and Graceland Drive.
- 45 - 85 residential units, with higher density at Highway 133
- variety of housing types and price points
- sustainable siting and construction